Beautiful Bricks 1.14 Major Update
Beautiful Bricks 1.14 Update
This massive update adds new features, squishes bugs and adds a quality of life improvements.
I have been looking at how people play Beautiful Bricks and thinking on how I can make the game a better experience. This big update reflects most of what I wanted to do with this game. I don't foresee another big update like this coming for Beautiful Bricks. Though I still wish to create a Linux version and create Steam Achievements.
There is also a possibility of the level editor and another set of 192 levels. I might do this but I am thinking of just starting to develop a new project instead!
Thank you to all the players out there of Beautiful Bricks and I hope you enjoy this massive new update.
- New power up 'Ghost Pad'. Collecting a white capsule with a transparent 'G' will turn your paddle into a 'Ghost' making your paddle able to pass through bricks and able to fire of a 'scare' which can hit balls and collect valuables.
- New power up 'Acid Ball'. Collecting a dark green capsule with a light green 'A' will give your paddle an 'Acid Ball' this ball excretes acid on contact which can destroy bricks. The harder the ball hits the farther the acid goes.
- New power up 'Queue Ball' Collecting a black and white capsule with a blue 'Q' will give your paddle a 'Queue Ball' this reserve ball activates into play when the paddle has lost all its balls.
- Filters added to the game. Various cool graphical filters. Find this in the Display Settings There is a CRT one but sadly I couldn't get the screen to bulge correctly. (requested by Gendou_kun).
- New Drone type added to the main game. Drone Miner a drilling machine that can drill up coins or fatal fire.
- Ultra detail mode which gives the balls a slight trail.
- New background based on small checked squares.
- Mouse controls are now more accurate with collision detection.
- Mouse controls easier to enter high scores.
- Mouse control UI updated. Now once MOUSE CONTROLS are enabled players simply click on the status bar of the player they want to play with mouse controls.
- Analog stick movement for paddle is now actually analog.
- Options menu layout re ordered and much more logical.
- 'Go Fullscreen' button added to the file menu in Windows.
- Player's Hiscore names are remembered from previous game
- Added a Safety Bar to the bottom of the screen when a player is save from missing the ball.
- Help screen and manual updated to reflect on 1.14 changes.
- Sparkball spark's are now white
- If a Wreckn Ball collides with smaller balls it will destroy them.
- Hitting a Coin brick with your paddle from underneath will make the coin fall directly down. Hitting the brick from the sides will make the coin fall towards your paddle.
- Paddle smashing different brick types can yield bonuses. Paddle smashing a bomb brick will give you a Bomb Ball. Paddle smashing a fire brick will give you a Heat Ball
- Volleyball weak hit adjusted for better gameplay.
- Level warps now move slower making them easier to dodge.
- Warp bricks now warp the ball more accurately.
This field is things which are taken out of the game to improve overall experience.
- Warp paddle is taken out of the game. It has been replaced with the Ghost paddle. I was always avoiding this power up in my own play throughs as it was more trouble than it worth.
- Max Fire Power unlockable now is just Max Drones.
- A Boss Battle with the Animator no longer loses the player's balls at the start of the battle.
- Music playing two songs are once during the Gauntlet mode has been fixed.
- Fixed masking issue with graphics on the final mothership screen.
- Volume adjustments for music and sound effects now stop on their max values. (You could cheese it to be 1 higher before).
- Birds no longer show up when they are disabled in Volleyball mode (thanks Shepples).
- Operative can now freeze and unfreeze balls if it has the Ice Paddle powerup.
- Menu now displays blocked out values properly.
- Red Brick Dropper no longer drops unbreakable bricks (thanks MrJBRPG)
- Touching a Warp, Teleport or Motor brick no longer instantly kills the player.
- Some menu pop ups removed as they were annoying.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Would be a lil bit of work I imagine but a level editor would be ace.
Yeah i agree these types of games should always have a level editor IMO